Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 04:19 am
Technology innovation has led to the creation of machines that make household activities way easier than they used to be. One of the best innovations you can find nowadays in the market is the robotic pool cleaners. They help pool owners to keep pools clean and healthy all year long.
These automatic cleaners provide ultimate cleaning, hence preventing algae and debris accumulation in your pool. Alternatively, you can also use some methods like natural home made pool cleaners to keep your pool clean.
Let’s have a look at some of the Pros and Cons related to these cleaning robots.
Robotic pool cleaners get rid of both large and small particles in your pool. These cleaners have an efficient suction system that sucks water and channels it out as clean water on the other end.
But that is not everything they have to offer. There is more. Robotic pool cleaners are highly effective in cleaning all types of debris. They leave your pool and the ladder sparklingly clean. Unlike other cleaning tools, this pool cleaner is effective, convenient, and easy to use. What’s more is that they have a small and compact size which is very efficient at picking both small and large debris and for then storing it when you are not using it.
Facilitates water circulation
Apart from cleaning, robotic pool cleaners do much more. By drawing and dispersion water continuously, it helps in circulating the water. As a result, water chemicals spread much faster.
Other benefits that these robots include are:
- Easy to use and require minimal effort from the use
- You can operate remotely using mobile apps. For instance, you can navigate the cleaner or set timers
- They are standalone cleaners; meaning they do not require pressure or suction from the pool system
- Still runs even if your pool system is down
- They are more energy efficient compared to pressure cleaners
The cord length restricts the robotic pool cleaner movement. Even the latest model that is designed for deeper pools are affected by the power outlet location.
Require regular cleaning of built-in filter
While the robotic cleaner does a good job trapping dirt and debris, you will need to clean the filters more regularly. Sometimes you have to clean the filter in between use depending on the amount of dirt in your swimming pool. Just check the recommendations from the brand.
Let’s be honest. You will have to dig deeper into your pocket to purchase a pool cleaning robot. Best models are relatively expensive. However, you can get cheaper for as low as $250, but you have to compromise on quality. Anyway, you need to see it as an investment in your quality of life, since you’ll save a lot of time and you’ll always have a clean pool to enjoy.
Types of automatic pool cleaners
There are several categories of automatic pool cleaners. We tell you more about them now.
Suction side cleaners
These vacuum cleaners are connected to the existing skimmer. It then goes around your pool collecting debris and send it filtration system of the pool.
Easy to maintain and attach
- It is the most affordable amongst the other three options
- Effective at catching small debris and cleaning small and medium pools
- They do not require additional equipment. This means that they save on electricity usage
- They cannot suck large debris
- Cause tears and wears on your pools pump
- Suction hoses can get entangled which makes cleaning process cumbersome
Pressure side cleaners
Pressure side cleaners use water from the pool to move. This forces the debris into a filter where it is collected and discarded.
- They are fast and powerful
- Excellent for cleaning large and medium pools
- Hoses do not get entangled easily
- They are capable of taking large debris
- Some pressure side cleaners require an extra pump to run
- Booster pump increases power bills
- Prone to hose tangling
We also recommend you to check out: Best vacuum for tiled floors review.
There is a wide variety of pool cleaning in the market, each with its advantages and disadvantages. However, robotic vacuum cleaners tend to have the upper hand due to superior features and benefits. When buying automatic pool cleaners, it is advisable to avoid cheap models. While you will pay less at the time of purchase, you will spend much more on maintenance and repair. The bottom line is that the choice of vacuum cleaners depends on cost energy consumption and more importantly on your needs and preferences.