Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 04:38 am
So in this ReviewerTouch.com article we are looking at this one, the Rigol DS1102E. There are lots of oscilloscopes in the market. But most of them are not what you actually expect. So what happens when you actually don’t get what you like, need or want? Among all those in the market, there are a few products you may say are the best in the market. So let’s get into it and see one of them!
Before saying best or something equivalent, the product needs to fulfil some criteria. Like quality, built in quality, features, usability, durability, price and user satisfaction. Today, I have brought to you one of the best among all others, Rigol DS1102E Digital Oscilloscope. Wether you are a professional or you are a novice, that doesn’t matter.
Whatever you are this one will suit you, and you can use it any kind of condition. This oscilloscope, is the best among all others by Rigol in this price tag. This one is a high-performance device that is actually designed with dual channels and also one trigger channel that is external. It comes with 20 kinds of wave parameters when you are auto measuring something, and it contains 10 voltages and 10-time parameters.
It has also the cursor mode, in which the users can easily measure anything by moving that cursor they have. Manual, track and auto, these three types of cursoring are available in this machine which is optional. It also provides high performance, powerful and stable software with it. The software they provide is called “Ultrascope”.
With this, you can capture and measure a wave, then easily handle remote or local operations, and also there is a feature for saving the waves as BMPtext or even in xls format. And you can print them, as well. I guess you are thinking about checking out the price on Amazon. Okay, but before that, just finish reading this Rigol oscilloscope review. We are sure that you won’t be dissatisfied after seeing what it has in store for your and in a simple price tag.
Now its time to check out the features and specification of the Rigol Ds1120E
- The weight of this one is over 5 pounds, 7.8 pounds.
- It has two probes. (Selectable- 10x and 1x)
- This one is rated as CAT I and also CAT II
- It has BNC cable connector
- It has a serial of RS_232
- It gives a CD that contains the ULTRASCOPE software in it.
- There are other thingsincluded with this. Power cable, user cable, user guide.
- It is compatible with PictBridge printing.
- It has a built-in help display, you can check it out when you will press a button or knob and hold it for three seconds.
- This machine has DS1102E firmware,made by Rigol.
- The rise time of this one at 100Mhz is 3.5 nanoseconds. That’s why it is called rigol oscilloscope 100mhz.
- It provides two analog channels and an external channel
- The vertical sensitivity of it is 2mV/div – 10V/div
- And the vertical resolution is 8 bits
- Its real-timesampling rate is 1GS/s when in one channel and 500MS/s when in both channels
- The memory depth is 16K points and 8K points for gradually one channel and both channels
- Its maximum input voltage is 1 MegaOhm
- There is a display in it and the display is 5.7 inches
- The display is QVGA with 64K color and LCD backlit display is included with it.
Before reviewing this product, we have researched on the market a lot. We have practically tested it and also read opinions from users who are using this machine. As we’ve already mentioned, this product is one of the best for any kind of people, whereas it is an electrical hobbyist or an engineer.
We recommend you to also check out Rigol DS1054Z Review to see other models.
There are some good things when using this machine we have noticed. And they are:
- I have built several high-frequency oscillators to take a test of this machine. Then this oscilloscope worked and also it works up to the particularly mentioned bandwidth and there weren’t any issues even now if I test this once again there won’t be any issue.
- This machine has some very good digital filtering, by which you can easily get the signal which you are expecting.
- It’s triggering system is pretty good, actually works without any kind of noise or a single hitch. And I’ve tried some other expensive scopes but sometimes this Rigol’s one is far better than those.
- There is a digital storage in it. And it is easy to use.
- Rigol includes a USB port in this DS1120E. Its placement is good and perfect for image storing.
- It’s built-in quality is harder and more durable than others.
However, we can also say some negative things about it. For instance, the machine is a bit old fashioned. Its buttons placement is like those from old trends when it was the beginning period of the oscilloscopes. And this old trends actually makes the control sometimes a bit harder than it should.
This is the good and bad things in our perspective. But now pros and cons. Well, pros and cons actually stands for the advantages of a product and the disadvantages of a product. Though we’ve just gave some kind of pros and cons but there are more. Now, we’ll provide the real pros and cons, which are actually based on not only our perspective, but also the one from experts who are hardcore users of some kind.
Read the Hantek DSO5202P Review and buying guides for more comparisons.
So here ends these pros and cons section. Now while comparing with another oscilloscope in the market, some questions may roam on your mind. Okay so now one more section which I’m making to make those queries out of your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you are someone professional about scopes and if you deal regularly with these types of scopes then you will understand why this machine is the right one. When you have some real works to do, this machine comes forward and this comes out handy. So it just works great.
So if you are seeking a mid-budget, durable, lightweight, portable and a durable scope then the Rigol DS1102E is the optimal choice for you. But if you want to use it without a power cord then it requires buying a battery.
As it has a big screen with the best display capability and also the most memory, then it can beat all others in the market just only with these two things. So why are you still waiting? Go grab it now!