Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 04:25 am
Porcelain tiles are very much in demand nowadays. House-owners highly prefer this type of flooring because they have a very good texture and moisture resistance.
But not only getting a beautiful ceramic flooring is enough. To keep the beauty going and let everyone admire the beauty of your flooring, it’s very much needed to get it clean properly in order to restore its original shine. Here in ReviewerTouch we tell you how to do it.
As a porcelain tile loses its lustre over the span of time, it is very important to maintain them properly. Cleaning porcelain titles at regular intervals is very needed, even if it’s a quick cleaning, at least, twice a week to keep it in its fine condition. Before vacuuming the floor with a good vacuum cleaner it should be sweep properly with a soft-bristled brown.
Once a month, you can use commercial cleansers, which are easily available in the market, with a sponge mop to clean the flooring or you can go for a DIY solution by mixing 1/4th cup of white vinegar and two gallows of water. After moping with this solution, you need to rinse the floor with plain water and dry the surface completely. But one thing should be kept in mind, there are different types of porcelain tile available in the market.
To be precise: textured, glazed/polished or unglazed/unpolished. And for this different types, a different set of specifies should be applied to get a better result. That’s because a wrong sweeping mode can leave streaks on your floor which you definitely won’t want. So, in te following paragraphs, we tell you the ways in which you can clean the different types of porcelain tiles.
How to clean textured porcelain tiles
- Sweeping is very much needed. Firstly, a soft-bristled brown should be used to clean the tiles first in the direction of the tiles and then diagonally.
- The next step counts for vacuuming the floor in order to remove all the dirt.
- Next, the floor should be soaked with a cleansing solution for ten to twelve minutes and then it should be scrubbed with a soft bristled brush in both directions.
- After that, the tiles should be rinsed off with water.
- Finally, using a damp mop, the flooring should be mopped and let it dry.
For more information, we recommend you to read our Pellet Stoves Reviews.
How to clean polished/glazed porcelain tiles
- Sweeping and vacuuming the debris and dirt is the first step to follow in order to go over the area with a dry dust mop.
- Secondly, it should be mopped with a hot water dampened mop and it should be looked after that no moisture gets puddled on the tile.
- Using a soft nylon-bristle brush the heavier soil should be loosened.
- To remove stains, commercial cleanser diluted to half-strength must be used and it needs to mop one more time before the cleanser dries out.
- The tile surface should be dried with a clean towel or microfibre clothes.
- Finally, buffing the clean porcelain tile with a piece of cheesecloth is needed to restore the high shine.
How to clean unpolished/unglazed porcelain tiles
- First, sweeping the dirt and dust away is needed.
- Next is saturating the tile surface with a commercial cleanser for a half at a time should be done.
- The cleanser should be allowed to soak for ten to twelve minutes but be alert it should not be let to dry out.
- The next step implies scrubbing the stained areas with a soft bristle brush
- Finally, the dirty cleaning solution should be reused off with clean, hot water and the tiles should be dried with a microfiber cloth.
These are all about how you can clean your porcelain tiles but you need to keep a good knowledge about some products which may prove harmful and reduce the lustre of your flooring.
- You should use ammonia free products always as the presence of ammonia in the cleanser can alter the tile color.
- Cleanser containing dye or color must be avoided for unglazed tiles.
- Steel wool is a big no-no for porcelain tiles as it may grout and cause rust stains.
- Oil-based detergents should be avoided.
- Hard bristles or secrets brushes may scratch the tile surface.
Regular cleaning is very important to retain the new like shine for a long time. So don’t get lazy and get it done!