Last updated on August 29th, 2018 at 03:25 pm
Porcelain tiles are very much in demand nowadays. House-owners highly prefer for this type of flooring by getting attracted by its texture and moisture resistance.
But not only getting a beautiful ceramic flooring is enough. To keep the beauty going on and let everyone admire the beauty of your flooring it’s very much needed to get it clean properly in order to restore its original shine.
As a porcelain tile loses its lustre over the span of time it is very important to maintain them properly.
Cleaning porcelain titles at regular intervals is very quick needed, at least two times per week to keep it in its fine condition. Before vacuuming the floor with a good vacuum cleaner it should be sweep properly with a soft-bristled brown.
Once in a month, you can use commercial cleansers, which is easily available in the market, with a sponge mop to clean the flooring or you can go for a DIY Solution by mixing 1/4th cup white vinegar and two gallows of water.
After moping with this solution you need to rinse the floor with plain water, dry the surface completely. But one thing should be kept in mind, there are different types of porcelain tile available in the market.
To be precise; textured, glazed/polished or unglazed/unpolished; and for this different types, a different set of specifies should be applied to get a better result.
Because a wrong sweeping mode can leave streaks on your floor which you definitely would not prefer. So, here are the ways in which you can clean the different types of porcelain tiles.Click here to learn more
How to clean Textured Porcelain Tiles:-
- Sweeping is very much needed. Firstly, a soft-bristled brown should be used to clean the tiles first in the direction of the tiles and then diagonally.
- The next step counts for vacuuming the floor in order to remove all the dirt.
- Next, the floor should be soaked with cleansing solution for ten to twelve minutes and then it should be scrubbed with a soft bristled brush in both the directions.
- After that the tiles should be rinsed off with water.
- Finally, using a damp mop the flooring should be mopped and let it dry.
How to clean polished/glazed Porcelain Tiles:-
- Sweeping and vacuuming the debris and dirt is the first step to follow in order to go over the area with a dry dust mop.
- Secondly, it should be mopped with a hot water dampened mop and it should be looked after that no moisture gets puddled on the tile.
- Using a soft nylon-bristle brush the heavier soil should be loosened.
- To remove stains, commercial cleanser diluted to half-strength must be used and it needs to mop one more time mopping is needed before the cleanser dries out.
- The tile surface should dried with a clean towel or microfiber clothes.
- Finally, buffing the clean porcelain tile with a piece of cheesecloth is must to restore the high shine.
How to clean Unpolished/Unglazed Porcelain Tile:-
- • Primarily sweeping the dirt and dust away is needed.
- • Next saturating the tile surface with a commercial cleanser for a half at a time should be done.
- • The cleanser should be allowed to soak for ten to twelve minutes but be alert it should not be let to dry out.
- • The next step implies scrubbing the stained areas with a soft bristle brush
- • Finally, the dirty cleaning solution should be reused off with clean, hot water and the tiles should be dried with a microfiber cloth.
These are all about how can you clean your porcelain tiles but you need to keep a good knowledge about some products which may prove harmful and reduce the lustre of your flooring.
- You should use ammonia free products always as the presence of ammonia in the cleanser can alter the tile color.
- Cleanser containing dye or color must be avoided for unglazed tiles.
- Steel wool is a big no-no for porcelain tiles as it may grout and cause rust stains.
- Oil-based detergents or ways should be avoided.
- Hard bristles or secrets brushes may scratch the tile surface.
Regular cleaning is very important to retain the new like shine for a long time.