Last updated on October 15th, 2020 at 07:19 am
Honestly, we all have been there: you wake up on a weekend to realise your house is a complete mess and you don’t even know how it happened. Nothing ruins a morning more than a cluttered place. However, the thing is, we all absolutely love a clean and tidy house but most of us are either lazy or just too busy to keep it clean on a regular basis. No wonder every now and then we find ourselves in a house hardly having any space to step around.
So, overwhelmed by a fully cluttered house? Here, go through our step by step guide to clean your messy house in the quickest way possible! Check out the reviews to buy the best vacuum for tiles available in the market and get into it.
How to clean a messy house step by step
Calm your nerves
Yeah, take a few minutes and feel relaxed before starting with all the cleaning work. Usually, people tend to take longer to finish cleaning if they are keyed up, messing a thing or two. So, breathe, drink a coffee or whatever drink gives you energy and get ready.
Get some trash cans ready
Some big trash cans, actually, if you haven’t been cleaning for a while. As you clean the house, you need to take them around with you. Having more than one trash cans will be helpful, either to segregate the garbage or to divide the garbage (if you have some garbage piling around)
Decide on staying in a room until done
Moving around doing a part of one room and then a part of another room will probably end you up without cleaning any of the room appropriately. Besides, it will be just more exhausting! Stay in a room until you are done with it and start on another room only after finishing the one you were doing.
Start with the room that looks the hardest to deal with first
You’ll be high spirited in the beginning of the cleaning task than at the end. So, it is better to take on the hardest room in the beginning. Once you’ll be done with the hardest part, you’ll smoothly be able to handle the remaining ones. On the other hand, if you keep the hardest part for the end, and you have lot of cleaning to do, chances are you won’t make it. You can also read our guide on How to Clean A Messy House in One Day to get further inspiration.
Move quick and organize the piles
Be quick to pick up all the clutter and organize them to clear the room quick. Constantly remind yourself not to slow down. Here is what you need to do:
- Pick whatever is lying unorganized on the floor, bed or couch or anywhere.
- If you don’t need it, put it into the trashcan.
- Make an organized pile of things. For example, you can pile all the shoes together, all the books together, all the socks together, all the shirts together, all the clothes to wash together, and so on.
- Once you have piled them together, keep them where they go, that is if you have cleared the place/rack. Otherwise, keep it for later, until you have cleaned the wardrobe or rack where they go.
- Now that you have the external clutter organized, do the same with the clutter in the wardrobe, drawers and other racks in the room. Wipe and clean the drawers, wardrobe and other corners.
- Now keep the remaining things where they go. After you are done mostly organizing the room, take the to-wash clothes to the laundry room, gather all the dishes and stuff and take them to the kitchen.
The living room
Usually, living rooms are pretty comfortable to deal with (rest depends on your living habits). Shake off the petty stuff on the rug or couch or table clothes to the floor. Sweep them together or vacuum the hall as you prefer. Clean windows and ceiling and walls if so needed.
Dealing with kitchen
Kitchen, huh? For many, it is one hard thing to handle. Here are the steps you must follow in the kitchen to make it easier to celan:
- Broom or wipe the ceiling and the walls first.
- Make the whole kitchen rack empty by gathering all the soiled dishes in the sink (of course, after throwing away any leftover food or stuff).
- Get done with the dishes and put them away in the dish basket to dry.
- Have a look around in the kitchen- the cabinets, racks, cupboards and fridge- throw away anything you find old or extra.
- Head on to the stove, and get it shining (if you like to use some cleaning liquids for better cleaning, use it before doing the dishes and let it sit for a while)
- If the windows are dirty, wipe clean them too. You can deal with them the same way as the stove if you find the window too dirty to just wipe-clean.
Another uh-huh. To start with, remove any clothes left hung in the bathroom. Lift the toilet seat up and put some good quantity of the toilet cleaner into the bowl and some other cleaning liquid into the wash-basin. Let it sit for a few minutes (you can consider putting the clothes into washing by this time). Scrub the bowl with a toilet brush and wash-basin with a suitable scrubber brush. Cleaning (or wash) the rugs, wash the floor with a good wash broom. Use some liquid leaning or cleansing sprays to removing stubborn dirt.
The final touch
With the bathroom finished, you are almost done with the cleaning. Take the trash out of the house and dump it if you do that yourself. Wipe the floor if you feel like. Now walk around the house and keep any remaining things at their right places.
Gah! You did it!
To sum up
The best way to keep your house clean and for easing up the process of cleaning is having a container, or a drawer or a particular place reserved for everything in your house. It will be far easy to organize the clutter that way. Keeping your house as de-cluttered as possible on a regular basis would mean less of these tedious cleaning work-outs days.
Now go ahead and start the cleaning! We from www.ReviewerTouch.com wish you good luck with it!