Maybe your relatives coming over or maybe a sudden plan with a crush at your place. Or maybe you simply woke up to the realization of the importance of living in a clean house. Whatever, you then realise your house is an entire mess. What now? You’ve got to clean and organize your house in a day, or maybe in even less time. Well, it should look like a nightmare to most, if you haven’t been pretty much of a cleaning enthusiast. We totally get you. We have all been there at some point in time.
Let us make your day a little easier with our tips on how to clean the house or at least, give your house a cleaner and organized look as quickly as possible.
How to Clean A Messy House in One Day
We are assuming the worst case scenario- you have your clothes and stuff piling on sofa or chair or even worse-floor. Here is where to start.
Apply the cleaners that are required to sit
For example in your toilet bowl or your completely stained oven or stove. This should save the waiting time later and at the same time, would let you clean more efficiently.
Organize or dump everything scattered
Forget wardrobes and drawers for now. You first want to get your house a decent look. To start with, quickly pick all the things that aren’t at their places and make organized piles of everything scattered around the house. Pile all clothes together (preferably segregate the to-wash and clean clothes into different piles), pile all the garbage together (alternatively carry a trash can into the room you are cleaning and dump all the garbage right away, thus saving you some work later on), pile the books together and so on.
Now, if you prefer, before starting properly in a room, you can walk around the house, gathering all the scattered garbage for once, This will help save time in piling trash later.
Organize the pile
Once you dump all the trash, simply wipe clean the rack and get everything in the pile you made to exactly where they go. Move around quickly and don’t slow down if you want to finish your home up in a day!
Now in case you have so much of clutter to deal with, then you can put all the left out or hard-to deal with kind of clutter in a box or a basket. You can keep them in some corner and later deal with them patiently.
Handle the Dusting
Give a quick dusting to your windows, panels, furniture etc. If you are more comfortable and quick with a best tile floor vacuum, go ahead with it. While you do the dusting, for example of your couch, be sure you lift the cushion or anything else on the couch, so that you don’t notice any debris or crumbs later and have to do the dusting all over again.
Head straight to Kitchen
The kitchen could be a nightmare if you haven’t been cleaning for a while, toss all the dishes together in the sink and face it. Get done with the dishes and half your kitchen is already done in most probabilities. Wipe clean the stove. Given the cleaner has been sitting for a while, cleaning the stove must not be much lengthy. Dampen a mop a give a simple wipe to the counter and get rid of most stuff on the counter. This should give your kitchen a much cleaner and organized look.
The cleaner would have done half a part of work for you. Just brush and wash the toilet bowl. Simply brush around and dry the bathroom with a wiper. Give a quick wipe to your bathroom mirror with a clean, wet cloth. Organize any make-up or other bath materials that might be lying unorganized. Gather any clothes left hanging in the bathroom in a basket to give your bathroom a clean look.
Some essential tips
- Stay in a room until you are done: this generally helps people to be done with the room relatively much faster when compared to the time taken by wandering around the house. Moreover, you also end up being more exhausted is you wander around without finishing any room. So focus on a room at a time.
- Carry a trash can around: If you carry your trash can around to the rooms you are cleaning, it will save some decent amount of time that you might otherwise be wasting in gathering trash after cleaning the house and dumping it later.
- Keep a broom handy: it makes piling everything together much easier and less time-consuming. You will have stuff piled and you will have the floor pretty much clear. Once you see the floor clutter free, half of your mind will be at peace. Besides, if you don’t want to bend over and over again to pick everything up, what is your better hand than a broom? So broom, yes.
- For sorting cloth piles: get your cloth basket and dump all the dirt and to-wash clothes in the basket. Half your pile must be gone that way perhaps. If you want to just give your house a clean look for now, you can stuff the remaining clothes in the wardrobe for once and can fold them or sort them at a later time. Even better if you get a bunch of hangers and hang them, thus getting done with most of your clothes.
- Do a thorough cleaning: you don’t want to do a place again and again, do you? So, whatever you do, do that thoroughly; clean it in one go, without having to repeat anything.
We guess this would make your cleaning process a bit easier and faster than how it usually is. So with your hopefully boosted energy and cleaning spirit, dive right into the cleaning process right away!