Last updated on October 12th, 2019 at 01:02 am
A modern approach to window covering, cordless top down bottom up window shades are growing popular across the globe at an incredible rate.
The other alternatives that would either remain up, offering a full view or would remain down, offering full privacy but there was nothing in-between- say, just in case, you wanted half privacy and half view! The concept changed with the advent of revolutionary top down bottom up shades.
When put against the traditional alternatives, there are multiple benefits you can have with this modernized window covering solution. Certainly, you will be able to ‘adjust’ the level of privacy and daylight you want to have, according to your will. Cordless operation is one of the top benefits of these top down bottom up shades. Read on to know more about the top cordless shades.
Best Top-down Bottom-Up shades
There are tonnes of varieties available in the market for shades, and there are numerous brands selling similar products. Many could find it to be quite confusing to decide on one of those products. Have you been wondering where to start, or which of those brands to trust, or which product to choose for your home? Here, let’s give you a brief of the top-down bottom-up shades that have made it to our list of ‘best shades’. These three have been selected on the basis of proper research reviews and customer experience.
Tip: For best fit, purchase the size half an inch smaller than the size of your window for the inside mount.
Product details and dimensions
Product Dimensions: 35 x 1 x 64 inches
Item Weight: 3.45 pounds
Shipping Weight: 3.45 pounds
Why Achim Home Furnishings Top-Down Cordless Honeycomb Shade?
- Easy to installs: the whole installation involves just screwing in the two brackets and placing the shade up into the brackets. The shades shall be held there by tension/pressure. Alternatively, instead of forcing the shades up into the brackets, you can loosen the screws of the brackets, ease-in the shades and can then simply tighten the brackets. The process is all hassle free.
- Mute the light: These shades do not completely block the light. Rather, the shade softens the light into a smooth glow. It will lower the heat passing through the window while still letting in some proportion of daylight.
- Versatile: It can be used to completely block view when you want, and can let you have a partial view or even a full view. Helpful in multiple dimensions. Moreover, the cellular pleats act as an insulation throughout the year.
- Safe Cordless Operation: The cordless operation would keep the kids and pets in your house safe from any tangling problems.
Unlike the traditional blinds and shades that served the sole purpose of covering windows, Bali Blinds Cordless Light Filtering Cellular Shade is versatile. The shade would create a pleasant glow when direct sunlight hits your room, thus, you’ll be securing your privacy without having to sit in a dark room.
Product details and dimensions
Product Dimensions: 38.2 x 2 x 3.6
Item Weight: 2.35 pounds
Shipping Weight: 2.35 pounds
Why Bali Blinds Cordless Light Filtering Cellular Shade?
- Insulation: Bali Blinds shades are designed in such a manner as to keep the room temperature in a comfortable range throughout the year. Certainly, this will also keep at least some part of your utility bills in check. It functions and a decent sound insulator as well, by absorbing sound to some degree.
- Smooth and sturdy cordless operation: For those who have any doubt in cordless operation, the Bali Blinds Shade can check with them. Even without cords, they operate quite smoothly and without any trouble- you just need to pull them down or push them up.
- Good match for light interior décor: The product gets along well with most kind of interior set up and would work especially well for light or contrasting interior.
Product details and dimensions
Product Dimensions: 22 x 36 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Made of: Polyester
Colour: White (nine color alternatives available)
Why Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Cellular Honeycomb Shades?
- Best bet for the interior of your house: The product has much more color alternatives when putting against other similar products on the market. This implies there is a good chance that you will find just the perfect color to match your interior.
- Fitting: The company offers a follow-up and some further minor customizations on the size you choose so that the share can just perfectly fit your windows. Moreover, the product is perfectly designed for easy and effortless installation and hassle-free use.
- Just the perfect amount of sunlight: Softening the light, it neither lets heat in nor does it prevent sunlight completely.
- Smooth to operate: The cordless operation gives way for an innovative and effortless way of lowering or raising the shade. Now, while any shade would do the basic up and down functioning, make your shade lifting experience all easy, better and comfy with Cordless Top down Bottom up Cellular Honeycomb Shades.
- Great quality and relatively inexpensive: The product’s quality while considering the fact that it is relatively inexpensive makes Cordless Top Down Bottom Up Cellular Honeycomb Shades a complete winner.
How to install cordless cellular shades?
So you bought home the all-new cordless shades and are now sitting and wondering how to install it. Generally, most of the shade sellers make it a point to include a detailed installation guide with the cordless shade package that will be delivered to you. It is best to go through the company’s installation guide as the installation procedure may vary slightly for different products.
For those who are new to installing cordless shades, following this step by step process will be just helpful. And moreover, with this, you will better be able to understand the installation guides you receive with the packaging. For installation, you will be requiring the following:
- A pair of scissors
- A measuring Tape
- Pencil for marking
- A driller
- A flat head screw driver
Process of installing cordless cellular shades:
- Installing the cellular shade bracket: The first step to installing the cordless cellular shades is installing the brackets. You will, in almost all cases, receive the appropriate shade bracket from the company you have purchased shades from. So when you receive the shade packaging, make sure you have received the brackets, the caps as well as the fasteners along with it. If not, it is advisable to contact the company for the same.
First, measure and determine the desired position of the brackets. They are usually installed about a few inches from either ends, and then in two to three feet gaps. Measure to make sure that the brackets are placed at even spaces. Mark for the drill hole points, and drill the holes. Place the brackets back on position and install it with fasteners.
- Installing the shade: Remove the shade and the remaining hardware from the box once you are done with the installation of the shade brackets. Before anything, cover the edge of the shades by installing the end caps appropriately. Simply push-fit the shades into the brackets.
(Note: the process may slightly vary for different shades)
Top-down Bottom-up cordless shades are the latest and most convenient solutions available today for efficient window coverage. Not only are they easy to install and handle, but are child-safe, attractive and relatively much versatile than the traditional window covering solutions. Moreover, many of these cordless shades offer some degree of sound as well as temperature insulation around the year, providing them with a winning edge. So without a doubt, if you are looking for window covering solutions, Top-down Bottom-Up shades are the best you can have.
The top three Top-down Bottom-Up shades recommended by us here are surely the ones you can consider and rely upon. You can make the choice according to your requirements, budget, geographical positions and other factors. However, there is no question in the fact that you’ll find the most satisfactory.