Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 04:54 am
If you have been trying to find a good thermostat for pellet stoves to buy, you would find this ReviewerTouch.com‘s article and all the information in it very helpful.
More and more users are becoming aware of how pellet stoves are better than wood stoves. They are advanced, better for the environment and comparatively economical on the long run. Further, they are easy to be managed and would leave much less residue (cutting down on the cleaning requirement). For some users, it might be news that pellet stoves too can be managed or controlled with the thermostats. Being able to remotely control pellet stove with them is a big advancement and a huge comfort. Just saying in case you didn’t already realize.
Now, in some cases, pellet stoves come with their own set of thermostat too. But if you are here, yours probably doesn’t have one and you would like to add one. Fair enough, given how much of comfort is added by that little extra setting. You wouldn’t have to leave the comfort of your cozy bed or sofa to adjust the temperature. In this article, you can see some of the best thermostats for pellet stoves, according to all the information we checked. Take a look and see which of these seem perfect for your pellet stove.
Here is the guide of best wood stove for garage, in case you are also looking for one.
A quick list of top 5 thermostats
- Skytech Smart Stat II/III Fireplace Remote Control for Heat-N-Glo
- Hearth Products Controls- Acumen Fireplace Remote Control (RCK-I)
- Skytech 9800326 SKY 5301 P Programmable Backlit Fireplace Remote Control with Thermostat and LCD Touchscreen
- SkyTech TS-3 Wired Wall Mounted Thermostat Fireplace Control (SKY-TS-3)
- Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat Fireplace Remote Control
Best thermostats for pellet stoves comparison
- 6 x 3.9 x 3.3 in
- 7.4 x 4.5 x 2.6 in
- 6.4 x 3.6 x 3 in
- 5.6 x 4.8 x 2.5 in
- 1.2 pounds
- 1.36 pounds
- 13 ounces
- 8 pounds
- 12.8 ounces
Top thermostats for pellet stoves reviews
So, let’s now discuss the details of each of the top thermostats we have selected.
1. Skytech Smart Stat II/III Fireplace Remote Control for Heat-N-Glo
It is quite simple and easy to figure out how to use this whole setup and it is designed to be that way.
As you can expect from a remote control based thermostat you can adjust the temperature not just from the thermostats itself manually but also using the remote control from your comfort.
The package comes with a set of batteries as well as a wall holder to keep up the units and place. There’s hardly any additional stuff that you would require. Operating on radio frequencies the remote control can be used from within a range of 20 feet, which is a pretty lot.
Another important feature that comes with Skytech Smart Stat II Fireplace Remote control is safety. Every system would operate on one of the lacs of security codes that have been programmed into the transmitter while in the manufacturing process. Prior to initial use, users are supposed to match the code of the receiver to that of the transmitter. It can smoothly work with many of the pellet stove models. There would hardly be any complaints about its working and you would just end up being thankful that you brought this piece home.
Key features of Skytech Smart Stat II Fireplace Remote control:
Given below are the key features of Skytech Smart Stat II/III Fireplace Remote Control for Heat-N-Glo.
- Safely made: Each of the products operates on one of the numerous security codes that have been programmed into the transmitter while in the manufacturing process. Prior to its initial use, one will have to match the code of the receiver to that of the transmitter.
- Easy to install and use: one of the best attributes reported by the users of Skytech Smart Stat Fireplace Remote control is amazingly easy to install and obviously easier to use. The set comes with all the necessary items, wires, batteries, wall holster etc. and therefore, you wouldn’t need to buy anything else. The package also includes a detailed user manual which you can go through, in order to carry out the installation of the transmitter smoothly. With the basic idea, you wouldn’t need any technical professional for this.
- Amazing customer support: In addition to all the other advantages and features that you get with Skytech Smart Stat Fireplace Remote control, you also get the amazing customer support if and when you need any kind of help. Should you face any problem at all with the unit, or have any doubt about anything related, just ring them up! They’ll be available to professionally assist you any time.
- Remote control: You can adjust the temperature from the thermostats itself manually or using the remote control from your comfort. The remote control can be operated from a distance of up to 20 feet.
- Compatible with a wide range of fireplaces: The thermostat works with numerous fireplace models. For any doubt in case of your pellet stove models, you can confirm with the support.
- Programmable: You can program the Skytech Smart Stat II /III Fireplace Remote control thermostat to turn on or off automatically based on the temperature. This feature can add considerably low to the convenience of the users.
2. Hearth Products Controls- Acumen On/Off Fireplace Remote Control (RCK-I)
Its remote control features an LCD screen which would display the temperature. Other features of the remote include a clock, a timer, an on/off switch and other controls for managing the temperature.
The battery-powered transmitter and receiver offer the uses a great way to remotely control their fireplace. The product is quite easy to understand install and use. Even though the range is somewhat lower than the Skytech one listed earlier, that is 10 foot, it still seems good enough for an average bedroom or living room. The product is designed specifically to be compatible with millivolt gas valve system only.
A good feature of the Acumen On/Off Fireplace Remote Control (RCK-I) unit is the inclusion of a 6 hours safety timer which the users can enable. Further one of the controls includes a switch to turn on the childproof setting which can be quite helpful as well as important at households with kids. The heat shield included with the package too is a good addition, helping the product withstand high temperatures.
Key features of Acumen On/Off Fireplace Remote Control (RCK-I)
Following are the main features of Acumen RCK- I On/Off Fireplace Remote Control.
- Safety: Acumen On/Off Fireplace Remote Control (RCK-I) is designed to ensure safe functioning. There are multiple features in the product reflecting the same. To begin with, the unit includes a 6 hours safety timer which the users can enable. The thermostat will automatically turn the fireplace off after the timer goes out. Further, there are controls available for child lock, which can be quite helpful as well as important at households with kids.
- Heatshield: The Acumen RCK- I product package consists of a heat shield, which would help the product withstand high temperatures.
- Range: The receiver has a range of 10 foot. The range may look less in comparison to other products but works just fine for an average household.
- Ease of Installation: It is quite easy to understand, install and use the product. The package includes everything that you would need to get the remote control working for your fireplace. It contains the remote thermostat, the receiver box, the wires and connectors, required and suitable AA & AAA batteries, a detailed instruction manual and even a heat shield.
- Remote Control: The remote control from Acumen features an LCD screen which would display the temperature and other details. Other features of the remote include a clock, a timer, an on/off switch, child lock and other controls for managing the temperature.
3. Skytech 9800326 SKY 5301 P Programmable Backlit Fireplace Remote Control
Moreover, you can set the schedule for the whole week in advance! Now that’s so much of convenience! The package includes a battery-powered receiver, a programmable and advanced remote control, transmitter, a wall plate, batteries required for the unit and, of course, the detailed installation instructions and guidelines. Some of the important features that set this remote control thermostat apart from or ahead of the crowd of thermostats available in the market are discussed in the following section.
The programmable, touchscreen remote control is, of course, a winner. It is carefully developed to offer a reliable and safe system of controlling heating appliances. The remote LCD screen has got several controls to set the temperature, mode, program etc. There are even a flame sign and an indicator that shows the battery status of the device. Additionally, there are multiple features like Child lock, Thermo safety, communication safety etc. to ensure safety and convenience. Though Skytech SKY 5301 P Programmable Thermostat is somewhat in the slightly pricey end, you will know as soon as you buy, that every penny spent on it is worth it.
Let’s see the important features in detail.
Key features of Skytech SKY 5301 P Programmable Backlit Fireplace Remote Control
Let’s take a look at the key features of 5301P programmable remote control from Skytech.
- Advanced safety features: there are multiple features like Thermo safety, communication safety etc. to ensure maximum safety to the users. Also, prior to the use, users need to match the code of the receiver to that of the transmitter.
- Child lock: This is a part of the safety features of this thermostat too. There is a child lock setting to prevent kids from accidentally tampering with the settings or temperature or activating the fireplace. The feature can be quite helpful and useful in families with kids.
- A modernized, touchscreen remote control: A touchscreen remote control for conveniently managing the pellet stove- now how cool is that? It is designed to offer a reliable and safe system of controlling heating appliances. The LCD screen has got multiple controls to increase or decrease the temperature, set mode, program etc. There are even a flame sign and an indicator that shows the battery status of the device.
- Programmability and timer: SKY-5301P remote control lets users easily program the fireplace to run on a specific, pre-programmed schedule. You can set the schedule for the whole week in advance! Now that’s a whole other level of convenience. There is also a 9-hour timer which you can set.
- Range: The receiver has got a range of up to 20 feet, which is considered good for medium to large rooms.
4. SkyTech TS 3 Wired Wall-Mounted Thermostat Fireplace Control (SKY-TS-3)
It is particularly suitable for those looking to have a thermostat fireplace control which is budget-friendly. Unlike other products, in this list, SKY TS3 does not come with a remote control option. You can operate the fireplace thermostatically with the wall-mounted device.
The device operates on 3v button cell batteries. The cells power the LCD screen which displays the room temperature. For its price, the product offers a decent enough durability convenience and use. The simple and sober design of the thermostat can easily fit in with any interior. The simple functioning makes it easier for users to understand and operate the device. You can simply set the temperature or can manually turn it on or off when needed.
Key features of SkyTech TS-3 Wired Wall Mounted Thermostat Fireplace Control (SKY-TS-3)
Listed below are the major features or highlights of SkyTech TS-3 Wired Wall-Mounted Thermostat Fireplace Control.
- Budget-friendly: The product is ideal for those who are looking to get a thermostat while sticking to tight budgets. At (far) less than $100 line, SkyTech TS-3 offers great enough functionality and durability.
- Simple and sober design: SkyTech TS-3 is a simple, no-nonsense yet elegant design. The simple and sober design of the thermostat can easily fit in with any interior. The unit has just an LCD screen to display the temperature and buttons to turn it on or off or and to set the temperature.
- Easy to understand and operate: The simple, no-nonsense design makes it easier for users to understand and operate the device. You can see the room temperature on the small LCD screen. There are three additional buttons to turn the fireplace on or off or to set a particular temperature. The fireplace will automatically turn on or off based on the temp you determine.
5. Ambient On/Off Thermostat Fireplace Remote Control (RCST)
Ambient On/Off Thermostat Fireplace Remote Control is pretty much of a basic-function unit. Its remote control has 3 simple buttons for users to easily operate the fireplace with- On, Off and Auto. The temperature is visible on the small LCD screen of the remote control, and the buttons to activate or stop fireplace. The Auto button on it enables users to set a specific temperature at which the fireplace will turn on or off automatically, without you having to worry about it.
Users are quite happy at large about the performance, durability and quality. Moreover, Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat is winning hearts for its ease of installation and use. In the following section, you can read about the features in detail.
Key features of Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat Fireplace Remote control
Following are the key features of Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat.
- Set a temperature: The remote control of Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat has the Auto button on it enables users to set a specific temperature at which the fireplace will turn on or off automatically, without you having to get up from your comfort or having to worry about it at all.
- Range: The Ambient On/Off RCST Thermostat receiver has a range of 20 feet, similar as in case of many other thermostats listed here
- Easy to install and use: The product comes with everything that you need for an easy installation. Moreover, it has a detailed manual as well, to give you clear insight as to what you need to do. Further, the product has 3 simple buttons for users to easily operate the fireplace with- On, Off and Auto. You can easily start or stop the fireplace from your comfort.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about thermostats for pellet stoves
In this section, we discuss some questions that we most frequently receive about this kind of thermostats.
1. How to select the right thermostat for a pellet stove?
Answer: While all of the 5 thermostats listed here are good enough, durable and reliable products, there are various other factors which have to be kept in mind while selecting any thermostat for your pellet stove. Let’s brief the factors down for you:
- Compatibility: The first and foremost thing to keep in mind while considering any thermostat is compatibility. There’s no use of getting it if it is incompatible with your pellet stove model. Generally, compatibility details will be available on the thermostat company’s website or user PDF. If you are unable to find any or have any doubts, just dial customer service and confirm with them. But do check compatibility.
- Budget: Another important thing to consider is the cost involved in purchasing the product. It needs to fit your budget after all. However, note that if you are looking for good quality ones, you shouldn’t just keep ‘money’ as the main factor. The cheapest ones always aren’t the best option.
- Remote control and automatic functioning: Being able to operate the fireplace remotely is certainly a great convenience. So, assuming you have an average budget, it would be good to consider the thermostats with remote control. Even better if it’s got added safety features and is programmable. As you probably noticed earlier, some of them even come with child lock.
2. Is it possible to program the thermostat to function automatically?
Answer: Though it might not be possible to fully automate the functioning of the thermostat, you can program some part of it with certain products. There are programmable thermostats like that of Skytech Smart Stat II/III Fireplace Remote Control for Heat-N-Glo which can let you program it to automatically turn the fireplace or off based on the temperature.
3. How does the remote manage to ignite pellets or logs?
Answer: The remote does not ignite the pellets (or gas logs in case of gas fireplaces) directly. These work with the fireplaces that have a millivolt valve ignition system or an electronic one, which would be compatible for the purpose and creates a spark when turned on. There should also be a connected receiver, which turns on when you press the button and then, in turn, turns the fireplace on.
Leave a Reply