Last updated on October 6th, 2018 at 12:02 am
It does not matter whether you are a beginner or already teaching this subject somewhere.There are pros and cons below each book review to make the information even more helpful to you.
#1 Recommended book for electronics-
There are self-test sheets, question-answers to aid the self-learning test by the reader for each of the concepts so learned from this book. The book is recommended basis the detailed theoretical approach it covers towards the subject.
A subject like electronics is understood deeply when complemented with the science-based reasoning of theories. This guide is popularly known for the inclusion of mathematical analysis for detailed understanding about operations of circuits.
It is most suitable when you are well equipped with the basics of electronics and are ready to explore theoretically more about the electronics. You can also take a look at best electronics multimeter in 2018 to buy the top multimeter.Read the Best Bench Power Supply Buying Guide
Best Electronics Books 2018 Comparison Table
- 1125 pages
- 1220 pages
- 1056 pages
- 336 pages
- 1150 pages
- 392 pages
- 352 pages
- 128 pages
- 320 pages
- 456 pages
- Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (July 28, 1989)
- Cambridge University Press; 3 edition (April 9, 2015)
- McGraw-Hill Education TAB; 4 edition (March 24, 2016)
- McGraw-Hill/TAB Electronics (2011)
- Cambridge University Press; 1 edition (March 2, 2016)
- Maker Media, Inc; 1 edition (May 24, 2014)
- Maker Media, Inc; 1st edition (December 20, 2009)
- Master Publishing, Inc.; 3rd edition (February 2003)
- Maker Media, Inc; 1 edition (December 12, 2014)
- Wiley; 3rd edition (May 12, 2008)
Top 10 Electronics Books Reviews 2018
This book is an aid to those who are struggling with the technical jargons of many electronics books. It has over 1100 pages inked with ideas and suggestions on how to make the circuit work which places it among a worthy and good electronics books.
The author has included practical failures a lot of times as examples to help the reader prevent repeating the same mistake as mentioned in the failure.
For example, there are illustrations regarding the working of circuits with the help of oscilloscopes graphics, graphs for designing the circuits, tables listing the specified and measured essential characteristics of circuit components and so on. You may definitely be willing to buy a copy of this basis the below points.
Art of Electronics 3rd Edition Unboxing Quick Flip Through Review Third
The book is one of the cheap electronics books which is suitable for aspiring professionals in the field of electronics. The duo authors are well known for their skills and knowledge base in electronics.
A reader will need to read through approximately 1050 pages for both paperback version as well as the practical electronics for inventors’ e-book.
It covers from all the analog antiques to the modern-day gadgets. This is undoubtedly one of the top 10 electrical engineering books you can have with you.
The recommendations like the list of things to keep handy while troubleshooting the gadgets and how to test these beyond the traditional techniques are also explained well in the book. Overall, this book is going to be your all time help if you want to explore and play with circuits.
The book consists of 26 chapters. Each chapter is enriched with the clear explanations, notes, problems included and supplementary material so required.
Most importantly it tends to offer a full course regarding the subject matter and not just basic explanations of the concepts. The description itself lets a reader know the worth of having this book.
Learning The Art of Electronics: A Hands On Lab Course – Video
Make: More Electronics: Journey Deep Into the World of Logic Chips, Amplifiers, Sensors, and Randomicity (First edition)
To maintain the reader’s attention, the author has tried to create the boring electronics making processes into funny explanations. For example, the reader gets introduced to the world of encoders, decoders, sensors, magnetic sensors, shift registers, comparators etc.
with the help of projects like the rock-paper-scissors game, the ESP testers I-Ching hexagon machine and much more. Undoubtedly, all these efforts by the author make the book worth listing among the best books 2018.
A reader gets to learn about the basic electronics starting from the simple ones to the complex gadgets. The creative writing efforts by the author make the book as the best book for basic electronics.
Step by step instructions helps the reader to make the gadget by own self-starting from the scratch. If you want to make the most out of this book, get yourself a small work area with the tools mentioned in the book.
This ensures the maximum practical exposure and grasping the basics to the fullest.
You get introduced to the electrical components and the uses which are worthy especially if you are just on the verge of getting started on the subject.
Thus, this is so far one of the most reading electronics books for the beginners. What makes the book different from the other books is the font style. This has been reproduced to give the illusion of handwritten fonts.
This is good for many of us who are tired of seeing the standard printed versions. You can feel as if you are reading notes from a teacher in a simple language.
Encyclopedia of Electronic Components Volume 2: LEDs, LCDs, Audio, Thyristors, Digital Logic, and Amplification
Well defined concept structure is the key feature that makes this book suitable for students, hobbyist learners, professors, engineers and so on. Use of graphics makes even the complex problems easier to understand.
The content is presented in simple language and is useful for having the hold on the concept of how the various electrical components work. Overall, the book is having worth for the learners of all age groups.
All you need is the basic knowledge of electronics like Ohm’s law, current flow and such other concepts. For students worried about calculations part, the basic familiarity with the first-year algebra is enough for following through this book.
It has been published with illustrative experiments, self-test sheets and in question-answer format to ease the reader’s learning. Following through this book will make you attain the understanding of how electronic circuits work, principles of a transistor, and also the designing the basic circuits with the help of different types of currents.
You will also get to explore the equations and concepts for making an o-scope, power supply circuit and lot more. Overall, this surely marks as a worthy deal for exploring more about electrical concepts.
Factors to Consider while selecting Best Electronics Book For Beginners in 2018
Most people follow the electronics books reviewsto get assisted in the search of the right book for them. Reviews are helpful and that is why we have picked up the top ten books along with their reviews. However, this alone doesn’t count as the complete buying guide for the search. There are few points you must go about while you begin the quest. Let’s have a detailed look at the points to think about below-
- Buying objective-The major and most important factor is the objective of purchasing a book on electronics. If you are a student looking for study material then you can opt for what goes well with your educational curriculum. However, a reader except for student is not bounded by any curriculum or exam obligations and so he can choose as per his will, budget and the area of interest in the electronics.For professionals, professors or homeowners looking to fix electronic gadgets at home, books like practical electronics for inventors, how to diagnose and fix everything in electronics can be the good options to consider.
- Knowledge required-Remember that not every top-rated book on electronics will have the basic definitions. Such books require the reader to be acquainted with some pre-requisite knowledge. Do not miss to read the description ofthe book before making your final purchase as it describes whether the book is ideal to introduce you to the electronics or it is meant to advance the basic knowledge. For example, books like theEncyclopediaof electronic components, getting started in electronics, make electronics are considered ideal for beginners. Whereas books like make more electronics, all new electronics have mentioned the requirement of knowledge of first level algebra and such other things.
- Area of interest-Studying electronics require a full focused approach to the subject. Each book is a vast world in its own-self. There is a huge list to explore in the field of electronics like building circuits, reasoning behind the operations of circuits, modern-day gadgets and electrical components, theories, microelectronics, robotics, quantum electronics and so on. This factor is ideal if you are looking for a book to advance your knowledge or to get familiar with the subject. Know your area of interest in electronics to help you find the perfect book of electronics.
In a nutshell
The above information is served purposefully for your assistance in searching the right book amongst the above mentioned top 10 electrical engineering books. Just like a right teacher can help you lit up the world of knowledge for you.
A right book can have a deeper impact on developing the right attitude as well as the interest in the subject. Make the list of points you are looking for in the book (factors to consider) and then match up those points from the books in above list.
You may definitely be able to find a perfect pick for you. Remember, each book as mentioned in the list of the Best Electronics Book For Beginners 2018 has been created to serve a particular set of readers. You have to manage your buy carefully before investing time, reading efforts and the money.Related Reviews